Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Bloggers Block

It has been far too long since I've posted a blog. I feel like I have really been letting Honoria down by not blogging more. She didn't ask me to be her blog partner, so I could do nothing but occupy the space on the left side the page.

So here I am, with bloggers block. I didn't think it was possible to have bloggers block, but apparently it is because I definitely have it. It's like the section in my brain that blogs has been completely consumed by the college monster. (Yes, I've been listening to far too many Lady GaGa songs, lol)

I thought college was beneficial. No wait, I take that back.
College is beneficial.
I do feel smarter, but not from some of the classes I have taken so far. I have found a majority of them to be useless or at least when you have a teacher that teaches you nothing, the class becomes a useless waste of a lot of money that I didn't have to begin with. AND at times it cramps my writing. I know it cramps Honoria's. Its sad because we sit around together and instead of writing, we complain about college. It's unproductive, but I enjoy it, lol. I've actually had a terrific week for writing in spite of the college monster. I've put a pretty good dent in my current manuscript with hopes of finishing in the next month and a half or so, but we will see if that's actually how it goes.

I took the time the other day to pick out some pictures of what my characters look like so as to be able to picture them better. I was actually pleased with what I found.


















Krispin & Echo. Aren't they gorgeous? :) && yes that is Brandon Beemer from the Bold and the Beautiful. Love him!


I honestly can't wait to finish my novel. I feel like I have been working on it forever and it's still unnamed. I have 46,000 words, surely it will come to me soon. My goal after finishing is to find an agent and the be published by print publisher. My hopes are high. I honestly can't wait to prove to everyone that what I'm writing isn't a total waste of time. I look forward to their shocked faces. Is that pathetic? Even if it is, it's how I feel. I have truly found that writing is my passion and I won't settle for anything less. I am bound and determined to get what I want. I believe in me and that's what counts! Ha Ha, it doesn't hurt that I have an amazing writer friend who inspires me beyond belief, (thank you Honoria) a terrific fiance' and a wonderful son!

That's all I've got fellow bloggers! Hope I haven't totally put you to sleep. Happy Almost Wednesday!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol, don't feel bad. It's not like I've been blogging all the time. Lol you make me feel all behind with my pitiful 1,517. Lol, I don't find college beneficial, but that's another discussion not for the blog. Love the character pictures.

C.J.Gabriel said...

Hang in there with the writing, Naomi! Finishing a novel is hard work, but well worth it.

I love your character look-alikes, btw. Waay hot.

Cheers:

CJ

Megan D. Martin said...

Thank you CJ! I am going to try my hardest and finsh this summer.