Thursday, February 18, 2010

13 Favorite Desserts




1. 1. Chocolate covered cherries - My mother only makes these once a year at Christmas, and they are SOOO good. All my friends wait for them. I've suggested she start an online business selling them, but she says no.

2. Cheesecake pie - Check out my website, and download a free Red Rose author cookbook to get the recipe. This is the best thing ever, and unlike regular cheesecake it requires no baking, and very little prep-time: http://honoriaravena.com/free-reads

3. Lemon Meringue pie

4. Russian Tea Cakes - These have a lot of different names, but they're round cookies, with pecans in them, and they're covered in powdered sugar.

5. Peanut butter cookies

6. Coconut cream pie

7. Banana cream pie with a coconut crust

8. Pumpkin pie - Wow, a lot of pies make the list.

9. Oatmeal cookies

10. Sugar cookies - A classic. The only thing I don't like now is mom won't let me put frosting and sprinkles on them anymore. When I was little she let me decorate them, but not now. She says frosting is gross. *Sigh* Lol, and now I'm feeling inspired. I'm going to make sugar cookies with frosting some time soon.

11. Rice pudding

12. Eggnog cookies - another Christmas favorite. Basically sugar cookies with eggnog.

13. Chocolate chip cookies - another classic.

Gees, looking through mother's recipe book to do this Thursday 13 has made me even hungrier than I was. We're having turkey for dinner, and so that's all I've smelled for the last 3 hours. That's the terrible thing about turkey dinners. They smell good as soon as you sauté the onions and celery.

Maybe one day I'll put some of these recipes up on my website.




Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!



The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others’ comments. It’s easy, and fun!



Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

No comments: