Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Nearing The End

Okay, remember that Fast Draft project I started and then just stopped posting about. Well it didn't turn into a real Fast Draft, but it's definitely still the fastest I've written a book, ever.

I'm not done, but I will finish the first draft today. Yes, I'm that cofident, because I'll stay up until 5 in the morning to finish if I have to. Though I guess technically that wouldn't be finishing today but whatever.

The one thing that bothers me about this book that I WILL have to fix is the fact that I skipped a plot point in the middle out of laziness. There's no other excuse. I thought something like "I want to be done and this isn't MAJOR so I'll leave it out." But really, I feel it's kind of needed and so when I go back for rewrites I'll have to change it. It should give me a good 10 to 20 pages more than I'll have now. Which is good, I don't know why I got all lazy and tried to make my book SHORTER. *sigh* Issues.

Oh, and another thing that bothers me is I don't have a title yet! Usually I get about 10-20k in and a title just pops into my head. No, not now. I'm reaching the end of this book and it's still under Sci-Fi Untitled. I made up a shitty title to pitch to Avon but I won't be keeping that. It was like My Cyborg Savior or something. It sucks and isn't unique at all.

Anyway, I'm going to go finish the end of this book. I've probably got 1000+ words to go or less maybe.

No comments: