Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Sandy Sullivan's Interview

Please welcome my first guest ever, Sandy Sullivan!

Thanks Honoria for having me on your blog!

For those that don't know me, my name is Sandy Sullivan and I write erotic contemporary westerns and historical westerns mostly for Siren Publishing. You can find me on the web at the links below.

If you leave a comment on this blog after reading my interview, I will be putting everyone's name in a drawing for a pre-released copy of my newest novel, Wild Wyoming Nights. I'll draw the winner at midnight so make sure you comment!

1.What are you currently working on? I just started a Civil War time travel piece. I'm not sure of the title yet, but it's about a modern day registered nurse who is fascinated with the time period. She goes to a reenactment and somehow is transported back in time. She runs into our hero who is a doctor with the Confederate Army.

2.When did you attempt your first novel? My first novel is Texas Lady. It is currently available as a self-published piece, but I will be editing it and submitting it in the future.

3.How many novels did you complete before you sold your first? My first release was my second novel written called Cowboy Love. It is available now at Siren publishing.

4.What’s the worst piece of writing advice you ever got? I haven't received any that I considered to be bad advice. I take everything in and absorb what I can.

5.What inspired you to become a writer? I've always love romance novels. I've been reading them since I was a teenager. I thought about writing one several years ago, you know, when we still had typewriters. I couldn't handle the tediousness of using a typewriter. With computers, it is so much easier. I wrote Texas Lady in 2008 and had a friend read it. She told me it needed to be published so I just kept writing. It's a release for me from stress.

6.What kind of activities do you do to clear your head? Ride my horses, listen to music and read others work.

7.What books would you recommend on writing? I don't know any off the top of my head, but take everything told to you with a grain of salt. All publishers have their own thing they want in a manuscript. If you send the same manuscript to three publishers, you'll get three different responses.

8.What is your favorite "comfort food"? Chocolate! Doesn't every woman like chocolate? LOL

9.What are you reading, if anything, at the moment? I'm not reading anything at the moment because usually when I buy something, I'll read it until I'm done. I just finished Nailed by Cindy Spencer Pape. I loved it, but it was much too short.

10.If you could live in any time or place–where and when would you choose? I would probably chose the late 1800's in the west. I love cowboys!

11.It’s plug time. Where can people find out more about your books? Got an excerpt you’d like to share? I can be found at www.romancestorytime.com, on Facebook, on Twitter, my author page on Siren at http://www.bookstrand.com/authors/sandysullivan/. I think that's about it

Here is a blurb from Cowboy Love and Wild Wyoming Nights.



Cowboy Love

Amy Russell has sworn off men, but then she runs into Tanner Lewis. His muscular chest, soft brown eyes and drop dead gorgeous, sexy dimpled smile make her rethink her decision. Can she learn to trust again, especially a cowboy, after her ex broke her heart? Will she let Tanner penetrate the shell around her heart?

Tanner's been burned. Yeah, he was in love once, until he caught his fiancée in bed with his best friend. Now all he wants is to get his singing career on the right path. Just when he thinks things are going perfectly, he runs smack into Amy Russell, horse tamer extraordinaire and registered nurse. As he watches her take a difficult horse and turn it into a docile pussycat with nothing more than soft words and a kind touch, he's fascinated, but Amy doesn't want a relationship. Can he convince her there's nothing better than a cowboy's love?

Note: This book contains anal sex.

Buy Link



Wild Wyoming Nights
AVAILABLE: Thursday, December 3rd.


Abigail Carter lost her firefighter husband on September 11th. On a mission to heal her heart, she starts a new life in the prairies of Wyoming. Her neighbor, hunky rancher and quarter horse expert Chase Wilder, makes her heart race for the first time in years, but will she let him get close enough to warm the cold winter nights?

Chase rescues Abby from her overturned car in an accident similar to the one that took his wife. His dormant libido goes into overdrive when he looks into Abby's beautiful green eyes. Unfortunately, she's still struggling with her grief, and Chase doesn't want to push her. Can the two find a way to overcome the past and have a future together?

Note: This book contains anal sex.


"If you love sexy cowboys as much as I do, you'll fall in love with the story of Chase and Abby. This story came to mind from a scene that popped into my head of a young woman sitting on a window seat, crying. I hope you enjoy reading their story as much as I enjoyed writing it." ~ Sandy ~

Buy Link

17 comments:

Honoria Ravena said...

Thanks for being on my blog, Sandy!

Jan Bowles said...

Hi Sandy

Wild Wyoming Nights sounds like a great read, and the cover makes me feel all warm inside.

Good luck
Jan

Missy said...

Hey Sandy, I loved Cowboy Love and I'm really looking forward to Wild Wyoming Nights. You picked two of my favorite things - cowboys and Wyoming :) I'm curious - where do you do most of your research for your books, especially the time eras for authenticity?

Good luck with the new book, I'm sure it will be a big success just like Cowboy Love.

Missy Martine
missymartine@comcast.net

Soft Fuzzy Sweater said...

What is it about cowboys? I love erotic romance cowboys, so rugged, independent and lawless. Every man looks 100 times hotter with a Stetson, a days growth of beard, and a thin cigar (sigh)....I look forward to reading your new book!

starrsback said...

I have wanted to read Cowboy Loe but couldn't remember the author to look it up under :) It looks great... thankyou for being on Honoria blog... she is awesome

Kat said...

Great interview. Wild Wyoming Nights looks fantastic. It's amazing, even after 8 years, I still can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing on 9/11. I doubt I'll ever forget.

Honoria Ravena said...

Kat - I remember where I was too. I think its one of those things that everyone who's old enough to remember will.

starrsback - Ooh, I'm awesome? Yay!

Sandy Sullivan said...

Howdy y'all. I've always wanted to say that!

Thanks everyone for commenting on my interview. Make sure and check back later tonight and I'll post the winner of a pre-released copy of Wild Wyoming Nights.

As for where I got my research for Wyoming -- the internet! Isn't it great! I actually when online and made sure what streets to put Chase and Abby's ranches on. I wanted people who live there to be able to say, "I know where that is!"

Sandy

flchen1 said...

Hi, Sandy! Congrats on Wild Wyoming Nights! I'm another fan of cowboys :) (Not that I've had the pleasure of meeting any in real life!) How neat that the Internet is such a resource these days! How much easier it is to do research on some topics than ever before!

I have to agree that in general, chocolate is the perfect comfort food--oh so good! The only time it wasn't was during one pregnancy--it just didn't have the same appeal to me, and I was sure something was wrong with me! ;)

Hope you're having a great week!

anna howell said...

sounds like a great read
anna

booklover0226 said...

Wow, both books sound great; I can't wait to read them.

Thanks,
Tracey D

Sandy Sullivan said...

Thanks so much for stopping by! Y'all are awesome!

I'm excited to pick a winner too. Tell your friends to come on over as well.

Sandy

s7anna said...

Hey Sandy,
I am so looking forward to reading your upcoming releases. They are just soo hot and sexy...I know I'm gonna love em.

Happy Reading
Anna Shah Hoque
s7anna@yahoo.ca

Judy said...

Your books sounds very good and hot,especially when they are cowboys involved:)

Sandy Sullivan said...

Since it's 11pm here in TN and I'm beat after working today, I went ahead a picked a winner for the pre-released copy of Wild Wyoming Nights.

The winner is.......

Kat!

Congrats and email me at sandysullivan@romancestorytime.com.

Kat said...

Wow thanks Sandy. Thanks so much.:-)

J.Rose Allister said...

Great interview, Sandy! Oh ooh, the time travel/Civil War reenactment story sounds so intriguing!